Other tips and advice
The sidewall is damaged
car edito 6 5 tip indention 140319 help and advice
Diagnostic: This is not a problem. It is the normal radial sidewall.
- Indentations are quite natural on radial tires (most tires) and will not affect performance.
- Your tires feature one or more layers of fabric cord within the sidewall construction that run parallel to each other. (Steel cords are used within the tread.) Where the cords overlap, there is often slight indentation.
Symptom: bulge or bubble
Diagnostic: Tire Damage that Requires Repair
- Most punctures, nail holes or cuts up to ¼" confined to the tread, may be repaired by a tire professional using industry-approved procedures.
- An on-the-wheel plug-only repair is unreliable and dangerous because after a puncture, the inside of a tire must be inspected.
- The proper repair of a radial tire (most tires) includes the placing of a rubber patch on the inner liner of the tire and a rubber filling in the hole.
- Do not attempt to repair tires with tread punctures larger than 1/4" or any sidewall puncture. Also, do not have tires repaired that are worn below 2/32" tread depth.
- Replace your damaged tire with a spare tire – but be sure to first check the spare tire's sidewall for the correct inflation pressure, speed and mileage limitations. Take your vehicle for an inspection to a tire professional.
car edito 6 5 tip budgebubble 140908 help and advice