Symptom: flat tire
Diagnostic: Tire Damage that Requires Repair
- Most punctures of nail holes or cuts up to 6mm" confined to the tread may be repaired by a tire professional using industry-approved procedures.
- An on-the-wheel plug-only repair is not reliable and is dangerous because after a puncture the inside of a tire must be inspected.
- The proper repair of a radial tire (most tires) includes the placing of a rubber patch on the inner liner of the tire and a rubber filling of the hole.
- Do not attempt to repair tires with tread punctures larger than 6mm" or any sidewall puncture. Also, do not have tires repaired that are worn below 2/32" tread depth.
- Replace your damaged tire with a spare tire – but first be sure to check the spare tire's sidewall for the correct inflation pressure, speed and mileage limitations. Take your vehicle for an inspection to a tire professional.